Latest News

What's Happening at the Library

Staycation 2020!
Summer @ the Library 2020! June 26th-August 31st
Limited Browsing, Curbside Pickup and Limited Delivery Available!
COVID-19, RI Department of Health
latest news

Important Updates and Information

About Us

The Brownell Library, built in 1929, was bequeathed to the people of Little Compton by Mr. Pardon Brownell when he died in 1921. In 1963 the stack addition was added and the town’s public library was removed from the town hall and physically combined with the Brownell Library. Since that time the Trustees of the Brownell Trust provide maintenance and repair of the building. Through the town annual appropriations, the taxpayers provide the funds for staffing, books and supplies.