RB Digital Audiobooks
Little Compton residents now have access to a suite of digital audiobooks via RB Digital — in addition to those already offered by the Ocean State Libraries eZone — thanks to the Bradford Livingston Memorial Book Fund.
You can listen to these digital audiobooks via your computer’s web browser, or by downloading the RB Digital app to your smartphone or tablet.
Please note, you must have a library card issued by the Brownell Library to use this service.
Register Your Account
- Visit https://brownellri.rbdigital.com/
- Click the phrase “Register” in the top right-hand corner.
- Under “Library Information,” enter your library card number (all numbers, no spaces) within the section labeled “Access Code.”
- Create a username and choose a password. Make sure to remember them both! You will use these to log in from here on out.
- Type in your name and email address in the section labeled “Personal Information.”
- Once you’ve filled in all your information, click “Register.”
Browsing and Searching
To browse, click in the top left corner and click Audiobooks.
Click “View Genres” to select a genre to browse.
To search, click and type in your search term. Make sure that Audiobooks is selected in the top right corner. Click Search to view the results.
Listening to AudioBooks
If you want to listen to books on your computer, you can do so directly in your web browser.
- Click a title’s cover to view its content.
- Click “Checkout” to borrow the audiobook.
- From here, you can listen directly in your browser (you may have to cancel the download).
- To listen in your browser, scroll down on the books page and click “Chapters.”
- Click a chapter to begin listening.
If you wish to download the files and listen to them outside of your web browser, you have to install the RB Digital Media Manager.
- Click here to download and install the program.
- When the software opens:
- Select “USA” as your county
- Enter the username & password you created during registration
- Library = Brownell Library
- Have the software save your login information & auto-login for future use
Smartphones & Tablets
To listen to books on a smartphone or tablet, download the RB Digital App.
- For iPhones and iPads, download the app off of iTunes by clicking here.
- For Android devices, download the app off of Google Play by clicking here.
- Once the app is installed, open it and login using your username and password.
- For more guidance on using the app, please refer to the official app guide provided by RB Digital by clicking here (ignore the section on magazines).
- You can also view the video below for help getting started: