With the New Year comes a list of resolutions. Why not start the year off right with some peace of mind?
Learn the ancient sequence of meditations known as The Stages of the Path to Enlightenment (Lamrim). Each week the class explores one meditation from this sequence.
Instructor Katherine Brown is a Little Compton resident and teacher at the Atisha Kadampa Buddhist Center in Providence, Rhode Island. She has been studying Kadampa Buddhism since 2000 and meditation for over 40 years.
Classes meet Tuesday mornings from 9-9:45am at the Little Compton Wellness Center. Space is limited, so visit or contact the library at 635-8562 to register.
• Jan 16 – Meditation on Life
• Jan 23 – Meditation on Death
• Jan 30 – Meditation on Rebirth
• Feb 6 – Meditation on Refuge
• Feb 13 – Meditation on Karma
• Feb 20 – Meditation on Buddhist Renunciation
The classes are free and made possible through a generous grant made to the library.