Starting May 18th
Curbside pickup available at Brownell Library!
- Requests for materials can be made via email anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org,or by calling the library during business hours only, Monday through Saturday from 11am to 3pm, at 635-8562. Requests cannot be honored via a telephone message.
- Materials will be available for pickup outside under the pavilion the next business day, from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Any materials not picked up will be brought inside the library and you will need to contact the library to arrange a new pickup time.
- You can search for materials that are available at Brownell Library by visiting the online catalog at http://catalog.oslri.net and search by title, author, or keyword, and limit your search to Little Compton. Helpful hint: Use the keyword search if you are unsure of the exact title or spelling of the author.
- If you do not have access to the online catalog, you can call the library during business hours and we can help with your selection.
- Materials requests through participating libraries will hopefully resume soon, however, there will be a limit on requests due to limited delivery and staffing.
- There is a limit of 5 books, audio or bound, 3 DVDs, and 2 magazines, per patron. You can request up to 10 childrens picture books on a single account. Please be aware that if you have materials on your card that are in a lost or billed status, then you will not be able to check any materials out until your account is cleared. Overdues have been extended, and fines related to overdue materials will be waived in most cases due to the current situation.
- Materials can be returned to the drop box out front, please call the library if you have a hot spot to return, it must be handed to a staff member. Please be aware that materials returned will not be available for check out for 48 hours to properly ensure quarantining of the materials and to be checked in and shelved.
- Please pass this information to your neighbors or friends in our community that would like to borrow library materials, if they have a library card you can request books or DVDs for them!
- We will keep you updated as services and hours expand. This really is a day by day situation, we are here for you, however, we are working to keep all of our patrons and staff safe. Always feel free to contact us with any questions and concerns, we will have staff inside, but the building will remain closed for the interim.
- We realize that some of you might have difficulty getting to the library. Please let us know if you are unable to pick up materials. We have volunteers available who can deliver materials to you, call the library at 635-8562.
- Thank you!